Check out this fun ESL activity related to personality to add some fun into your classes!
A Fun ESL Activity for Personality
Most ESL textbooks for adults have a unit of some sort on “personality.” It can get a wee bit boring doing the same old standard things. Students have seen them before and you may feel like you don’t want to do it again either.
The good news is that there’s a better way. This fun ESL game you can try out with your students.
Personality Game: How to Do It
Here is a fun personality game that I made which is the perfect way to finish off your class with some awesome.
1. Put the teams in groups of 4-6 and have them choose a “captain.”
2. The captain sits at the front with a pen and a paper and their teammates also have a pen and paper.
3. Put up the questions 1 by 1 on the PowerPoint and have the captain write down their answer. Their team also has to write down what they think the captain will say for his/her answer.
4. My 2 rules are that the captain must have eyes forward and hands together (ie: no signalling the answer to their team) and the teams must talk quietly. I threaten to disqualify any team on the first attempt of cheating.
5. Check answers at the end, and if matching, the team gets a point. The winner gets a prize of some sort, usually in Korea I give out Choco Pies!
This personality game takes around 20 minutes, but you could do more or less questions obviously to suit your time constraints.
More ESL Activities and Games, Straight to your Inbox
Need even more ESL teaching awesome in your life from Jackie? Sign up for my email newsletter. It’ll be the most useful email you get each week.
If you don’t like the emails, well, they’re free! But, I give you my kinda anonymous Internet promise that you’ll find ’em useful.
What do you Think About this Fun Personality Game?
What are your thoughts about this activity you can use when teaching about personality? Leave a comment below and we’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.